This article was originally published on eZineArticles.com by Christopher P. Hill
1. Upon your passing, the truth is that most people don’t have any idea how to get started, what they should know, or who they can turn to. Pre-planning your funeral or burial arrangements can significantly minimize the many stresses and pressures that accompany the grieving process of losing a close loved one.
2. This advanced planning offers you the opportunity to decide and control just about every detail, and even nearly every aspects of your memorial service… even the funeral music.
3. By documenting your last wishes, you can ensure that you and your remains are handled, treated, and placed in an area that is in accordance with your personal preferences.
4. By creating a plan for your final affairs, this can also minimize or eliminate any uncertainties or disputes among your family members. One of the biggest reasons that family members argue or fight after a loved one has passed is due to disagreements regarding family heirlooms.
5. Pre-planning takes the guesswork out of the common questions of “what do we do next” or “what would you have wanted”? A properly structured end of life plan can not only ensure that your loved ones know what to do, but can also make sure your bequests are efficiently implemented.
6. Through building a sound end of life plan, one of the biggest advantages is that this reduces (or eliminates) the need for your family to make some very difficult financial and emotional decisions, especially given their state of mind at that time.
7. Through pre-planning your funeral plans, as well as pre-paying these final expenses, these plans and e this allows you, your family, and even your Funeral Director to have a much better overall experience and memorial service.
8. By reducing many of the obvious family pressures, this provides some extra time for them to work through some of the other struggles such as dealing with the grief and loss, planning your memorial service, notifying your loved ones, creating your obituary, writing a eulogy, and creating the best possible way to celebrate and memorialize your life.
9. After completing your pre-planning process for your family, this actually ends up enhancing your future too. By having these details planned out in advance, you can live every day with the “peace of
mind” knowing that someday they will receive one of the greatest gifts of love possible.
10. By selflessly taking the time to create your smart end-of-life plan, this basically ensures that you will always be remembered in a special way. Your family and loved ones will never forget the fact that you sacrificed your time and resources to take care of these all-important details. In turn, what you are really doing is leave behind an everlasting memory that shows your family and loved ones just how much you truly love and care about them.
Christopher P. Hill, Founder of FuneralResources.com – see more at http://ezinearticles.com/?10-Key-Benefits-to-Pre-Planning-Your-Funeral&id=4163895